Monday, April 4, 2011

Canada Votes 2011 - CJPACers blog their party allegiances!

In case you hadn't noticed, Canada is smack-dab in the middle of an election campaign.

And what better way to honour our democratic system than to give voice to Jewish community youth taking an active part in shaping our country's next political landscape.

The Shmooze is proud to present four takes from volunteers working with the major Canadian political parties, telling you to get out and vote.

The Canadian Jewish Shmooze wishes to thank Canadian Jewish Political Affairs Committee (CJPAC) for its kind permission in reprinting and posting these four blogs from their members: Aaron Silver, Zach Paikin, Sarah Kitai and Julien Newman. We're sure you'll figure out where their party allegiances are as you read their posts.

- The Shmooze Team 

--------------------------------------------

By Aaron Silver


My vote doesn’t matter. What can one person possibly change? Elections are just hype and spin, nothing changes. My life won’t change one way or another.
Ever felt like this? Keep reading.

Read more...                 


http://www.itsup2you.ca/en/2011/03/aaron-silver-introduction/



------------------------------------------- -------

By Zach Paikin



Hi everyone! Zach Paikin here. I’m a student at McGill University pursuing a B.A. in Middle East Studies with a minor in Political Science, and am a member of the Liberal Party of Canada.

Read more...


--------------------------------------------

By Sarah Kitai


I’ll let you in on a little secret… I’m really not cut out for politics. I can’t regurgitate talking points, I hate spin, and I find every issue so incredibly nuanced that I tend to question my own opinions at least five times a day. Yet, here I am volunteering on a Green Party campaign (yes, you heard that right) when I should probably be focused on my upcoming exams.

Read more...                 


 ----------------------------------------------------
By Julien Newman
I have been an active member of the NDP since the ripe age of 14 and I worked in many campaigns in my home ridding of Hull-Aylmer. Like everywhere else in Quebec at the time, the NDP didn’t have very bright electoral prospects. Over the years our results gradually improved and after Thomas Mulcair was elected in Montreal it became extremely exciting to be involved.            

Read more...


 


No comments: